View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
If you try to grab a sneaky peek of OmniFocus 1.6, you'll be able to see that you can create a perspective that has Due Today and Flagged. This will also emulate Thing's Today view.
That's the one I'm working off and, indeed, the due or flagged filter which allows the 'today' perspective is a deal maker as far as I'm concerned. In particular, being able to hide the menu bar and the context column so that I can just focus on a list of things to do right now is a boon. I also caught a video on YouTube where someone had come up with the idea of adding in the duration column ensuring everything in the list has an estimated time entry.

Once done (takes about a minute for the 10 or so items in my today list to be considered and completed). I can then take advantage of this in a couple of ways. First, I can select all items and run an applescript to total the amount of time that would be taken to complete this list, thus allowing me to remove a flag or two if necessary. Secondly, I can also glance at my list when I have fifteen minutes to kill before a meeting and tackle a 10 minute action.

It's been a joy to work with today, in particular the fact that it's managed to sync to the OF iPhone application from within my work's network (despite the fact that general MobileMe sync never works...weird). I never really found the Things iPhone app a part of my system that was worthwhile as I could only sync when I got home so it was always a few days out of date.

I've also added my own version of the completed list which is more akin to the Things logbook, an 'Active Project Overview' and a 'Waiting For & Delegated' list although I'll need to ensure that I don't go overboard on adding perspectives and keep it to a few useful ones.

My next challenge will be nailing a workable review process.