View Single Post
I've been using OF and iOF for some time. I like the app but it is missing a couple of features:

- tags
- in-line updates

I know there has been lots of discussions on the forum concerning tags so I won't add anything here other than to say, be careful what you wish for ;)

I use other apps that have tagging and quickly find that I over-complicate by adding too many tags. Having said that, i still think it would be a valuable feature in OF.

My main point here is on elimination of the clunky inspector window. I've played around with Things a bit. It has both tags and no inspector windows. For the record, I prefer OF over Things. However, I prefer the Things approach to in-line editing (via expanding the window similar to how the paper clip in OF expands the window for notes). The current OF "inspector" approach is too time consuming. I leave the inspector minimized, otherwise it's it the way. However, to use it, you first have to maximize it - painful.

Finally, I'd like to recommend a voting process for feature requests. I use a Twitter tool called TweetDeck. The TweetDeck forum has implemented a voting protocol for feature enhancements. Every forum member gets 10 votes and you can spread your votes however you like across a list of feature requests. Of course, you can add to feature list at any time.

Thanks for considering my feature requests and thanks for a great product.