View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
Due dates and flags have similar but distinct meanings in my system (more so with the iPhone - now).

Due is concrete due dates in the proper use of them. Flagged are things I've bumped to be "near term" priorities - but with no hard due date.

These two things combined are my "hotlist" of things I need to be focusing on first.
This is pretty much how I use these two things as well, and I've found my original trivial suggestion to be work well. So maybe there is something I am missing here. Can you please explain why this only gives you 50 percent of what you are looking for?

One thing that kind of bugs me about smart folders (in iTunes, for example) is that they are too simplistic and one needs to use several of them in concert to produce something interesting. What *would* be cool would be to allow, say, in a text box, an arbitrary boolean expression with brackets and so forth to get exactly what you want. I don't know if that's in the cards, though. Maybe Applescript can do the job, but I don't know Applescript.