View Single Post
A more flexible way to set reoccurring tasks would have benefits, no doubt. But essentially, as I see it, it's

(a) not the idea that you use OF to organise such tasks which reoccur on a fixed date evey Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Those are date-fix events that belong into your calendar, not your task manager. Make a reoccurring event in iCal on these days and you should be fine. That's how GTD is constructed.

(b) It is also no problem to set up such reoccurring tasks in OF if you really need to. Maybe you have no calendar or such, then you can simply take a few minutes to create some tasks with due dates on the dates you need them to be done. All you really have to do is make one task, duplicate it 10 times, set the due dates of each (which is no additional work since you would have had to do that even with the added functionality we are discussing here) and then you have some weeks covered. Doing that ahead for an entire year should not take more than half an hour, provided tasks are similar which I base this on since you want them to be reoccurring.

Is that really that much effort? I think not.

From what I can tell, adding a simple calendar view in which you can set date-fix events which then automatically translate into tasks plus a simple notepad of sorts that allows to capture some todos in a meeting and quickly process them to become tasks would enhance OF a lot. It would basically make it an all-round tool for people like me who use it to organise date-specific tasks with holy deadlines. Is OF a great software without such? yep! Can I just use any other notebook app installed on the very same iPad? Yep! Can I just use the calendar also installed on the very same iPad? Yep! All just one click away. Think of the iPad as one large app if you will. All you have to do is tap the icons for different views :)

That being said, Brian, Ken, Anybody....can you please FINAllY implement that coffee-machine feature I have been asking for since three years?? All my coworkers are using the large machine in the canteen because OF really sucks at this simple yet needed task!!

Go figure.