View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Is it visible even if you are not showing Completed or All actions? If so, report the bug. If it is only visible with those filters, that's normal behavior: completed actions remain in the OmniFocus database until you delete them.
OK, no, they are not visible if a filter is set to "Remaining" and left that way.

OTOH, if they have no context, when I am in Context view, filtering for Completed items, the ones in No Context don't show up!

I've reported all this to the ninjas.

>>>completed actions remain in the OmniFocus database until you delete them

I find this unbelievably frustrating. The way completed items hang around in various places--I won't go into detail here--is driving me absolutely nuts. And I think it's bad psychologically. We want to be Getting Things Done! And yet, when we get them done and check them off, they're still hanging around somewhere! Even after "cleaning up"!

I still love--abolutely love--the way many of the UI procedures are handled; the design is beautiful, for the most part. But this issue of completed items is dragging me down. I keep thinking about how iGTD handles it: they disappear instantly, are never in your face again, and are tidily swept into the "Completed" area. If you ever want to find 'em, you can. That's what I'd like to see in OF.

Last edited by santra; 2007-10-01 at 08:00 PM..