View Single Post
Some feedback and recommendations for making a great app even better:

I have a few times accidentally managed to delete actions and information that I did not intend to delete. This has happened to me in two different situations, typically when I am in a hurry. Loosing information this way of course does not contribute to peace of mind!

Situation 1: I have at least twice performed a sweep and delete for actions no longer needed, and discovered immediately afterwards that I was too quick and must have swiped the action above or below instead, with no clue as to which action now disappeared...

Situation 2: When entering new actions with detailed information, I have several times erronously clicked on "Cancel" before saving the action, and have had to reenter. I have found this "user error" to be due to a slight inconsistency in the UI. When I add information to an existing action, I press "Save" when finished and then "Inbox" to return to the inbox list. However, when I add detailed information to a newly created action, by navigating to the details window before pressing Save, I have to remember to press Save twice before clicking on "Inbox" to return to the Inbox. Often, when in a hurry, I forget this, and press "Save" + "Cancel" instead...

Recommendation: Instead of inventing or cluttering the UI with some non-standard Undo capability, another option might be to keep all recently deleted (or canceled) information in a Waste Basket or Recently Deleted list for some period.

BR,
Einar

P.S. Along with a Recently Deleted list, I would also greatly appreciate getting a list or Log of Completed Actions in the iPhone app (I donīt have the Mac app yet), preferably with time stamps. This way I can track what I did during a day, and also easily review information attached to completed actions, without having to change settings and browse by Projects.