View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconino
I was wondering along the same lines when I started a project about building a web site for the football club my son plays for and which I help run. I have folders for web projects, football and son, and when I started considering which to use to contain the club's web project I too had the thought that smart folders would be a good idea.
This is a case for nested folders.

Using my standard example, I have the following folder - Project nest:

Kids>Daughter>Con Costume

and a sub project: Obtain Materials

I could put Obtain Materials in my Shopping folder -- but this isn't my usual shopping, I want to do it with my daughter. The contexts will be my errands contexts (subdivided by part of town), so they will show up on my context-based list of things to do.

In cocoino's example, I wouldn't have a folder for web projects. I would rather see my Projects section listed by ultimate purpose, so the football club's web project would be listed under Football>Web Project. [I have my costume listed under Personal.] The context may say Computer>HTML Coding; this would group all the web page creation tasks together. [Just as my Errands:northeast context would group everything I need at the fabric store, plus the grocery next to it.]

Does this make sense to you? It does to me -- that 's why I do it this way. It may work for you, or something else might work better.

--Liz