Thread: I need 'OUT' !
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
glad to help. let me know if it works for you.J.
It works fine, I'm truly grateful for your willingness to share it.

Quote:
I just bought this HoneyDo app from the app store. I think it has a lot of elements that make a lot of sense.J.
I agree. I'm not exaggerating when I say that most of my frustration in using OmniFocus is the lack of a way to share or delegate Actions, Projects, Contexts, etc.

Quote:
One thing that just came to mind, and would need some more idea development - if Omni were to put Tags support into OF *and* the ability to assign an email address to a tag, theoretically one could tag the action with those to whom it was delegated. Pressing a button would send the action to all as an email/sms/mms etc... Would be really interesting and helpful.J.
OK, that's one sexy concept! I alternate between wanting multiple contexts (which would halve my current list) or tags, preferably both! I'd also like OmniFocus to support contacts from the address book. It's maddening that even iCal doesn't support contacts, ie. you can't enter 'call John' with John being added from the address book, so that when the time came to call him it would just be a matter of clicking the link.

Quote:
There is a big need for the ability to delegate a task and to get that task in written/electronic form to the person to whom it was delegated. That's a big issue for a lot of us that work in teams, in families, supervisory roles and other cooperative groups.J.
Again, I agree. I've just opened a post on the OmniFocus Syncing forum re: push delegation (see this link).

Quote:
Another thing I noticed - many times we discuss issues and features like this and then they show up in other apps.... Hmmmm.J.
I thought I was imagining this, or it was coincidental, good to know other Members feel the same, and that I'm not just being paranoid!

Thanks again, JohnJ80.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-28 at 05:14 AM..