View Single Post
Two issues I have with OP at the moment.

1. Complete tasks get rescheduled / releveled. When I have flagged a task as 100% complete, I don't want it to change in anyway. However, if I make changes to, say the availability of a resource, OP will reschedule the completed task and calculated a new end date. Am I missing anything here?

2. Split tasks. OP currenly defers the start of a task if there is a resource overload. I would like it to split the task and delay the completion date but leave the start date where it is.

Example: Task A (write a report) takes 3 hours and is scheduled to start at 9am and finish at 12am. Task B (a meeting) is added to the plan and must take place between 11am and 12am. I would expect the tool to reschedule such that Task A starts at 9am, stops at 11am, restarts at 12am and concludes at 1pm. Currently OP defers the start until 12am with a 3pm completion.

Whilst this is good in as much as it means it can sit at my desk between 9am and 11am eating bacon butties, drinking coffee and engaging in genaral "shenanigans and tomfoolery", it is of course not what the schedule should reflect.

Other than booking the meeting as unavailable time in my resource calendar, which is not ideal - is there some way of splitting tasks in this way.

Thank you.