View Single Post
Hello everyone!

I'm posting in the hope that someone may have an answer to this workflow process I am attempting to figure out. It may be that I just don't know how to use something or it may be that I'm asking for something that isn't possible.

Here's my "ask":

I'm trying to map a workflow into my system and automate as much of it as possible - or at least make it easier to manage. Thus far, I think OmniFocus is awesome for it's iPad/Pod/Mac sync.

Here's my intended workflow.

1) an e-mail, or some communication/information arrives
2) I generate a task on this communication (I have this part down)
3) I then want to have it in OmniFocus and assign it a Project, Context, etc (have this done)

here's where I fall down.

4) I then want to start each day by taking all my "to do" items and scheduling them for specific times of the day on my calendar. (this is sort of a GTD meets 7 Habits thing). It's the "big rock/little rock" method of planning the day.

I know that calendar sync is no longer supported and never will be again. So I am wondering if anyone else has a "process" of getting items from OmniSync into Calendar so that you can plan your day.

The hard part.

Of course, I could cut and paste. However, I then break the relationship as a cut and paste duplicates the information. I change it in one location and it will not change in the other. This is the challenge. I need (or rather want) the OmniFocus and Calendar to change each other. If I update the task in OmniFocus I want the update to be in Calendar.

Now... I realize that I may have just described Calendar sync - so I may be out of luck all together. It's just that I can't imagine I am the only person that likes to place task to specific times of the day.

Any thoughts/ideas/solutions?

Thanks!