View Single Post
I'm a teacher; I use both of these programs every day. There are things I love about each.
I frequently work with tables to organize vocabulary lists and other information. OmniOutliner doesn't sort data; if you want to alphabetize a list in a table, Pages does this easily, but OO does not.
I use OO for my lesson plans, typing stories, making multiple choice quizzes. I have a lot of curricular information organized in OO. For this kind of task, OO is unsurpassed. I also use TaskPaper a lot, but it lacks the ability to fold, which is often very handy.
I use Pages when I want to format something for printing. It's easy to see the page layout and make changes without going back and forth between Preview and the document. It has more options. When I print from OO I'm never sure whether something will fit on one page or how big the font will look.
I'm sure there are features of each program that I haven't yet explored, but that is my summary of their usefulness. I would not want to give up either of them.