View Single Post
I've flushed the caches. I also deleted that folder. I deleted my OW preferences (saving them first). I also tried looking in the index.plist in that folder, figuring out which file was used for this forum and putting the favicon from here (converted through GraphicConveter to png) into that file. Under Cached, the plist lists the correct URL for the favicons for the sites showing in my tab drawer, but the png files are incorrect. The tabs and favorites that do not have favicon.ico files on their web sites are not in the plist.

I note that when I launch again, the favicons are stored in different files. I would have thought they would be reused. This folder could get really full of (very small) files. Lots of my files are redundant blue globes. Interestingly, the two favicons that are correct on my favorites bar are reusing their png files. The ones being recreated (for favorites and the tabs) are the redundant incorrect blue globes. I'm guessing that in some check for favicons, the correct ones for these sites are not being found or aren't being converted to png correctly.

It isn't that I *need* favicons, but for me, they aren't working.