View Single Post
I'm very happy with the progress so far in sync reliability since the app store launch (changes in both ends were made I know).

I'm a bit perplexed why it takes so long to "update with synced data" My understanding is the data has already been downloaded over the network and is in memory on the phone and at this point the app is just doing its diff using some algorithm to traverse the current copy and the synced copy.

Why on a phone powerful enough to do realtime 3D graphics and complex HTML page rendering, does this take so long for what is ultimately pretty un-complex data? (15-20 seconds?) (That may not seem like long, but after "loading" the app code, opening the document, it adds up when I'm just trying to quickly capture a task.

My assumption is that from what I gather of the history of Omni development being heavy on programming frameworks and object orientation is that there is a lot of object abstraction in the data, and that this creating and destroying of objects is slowing down the comparison of the data.

Is there hope for some optimization here? :o

-P