View Single Post
Here's a way I'm using Someday/Maybe that wasn't immediately apparent until I'd been using OF for a while. It may be incredibly obvious to everyone else, but I thought it was kind of cool.

I have a Someday/Maybe single action list, as a couple people have stated. However, I don't want to lose the thinking that's gone into any project planning or next actions (especially if there are multiple parallel next actions) on projects that I decide should be put off for now.

The discovery for me was that you can drag entire projects between the sidebar and an action list. Example:

Let's say I create a project and plan it out, involving several different (parallel) next actions, and nested sequential actions underneath and such. Now I decide I'm not going to be able to accomplish that now, so it should be Someday/Maybe. You could put it on hold, yes, and that works just fine.

But another option is to just grab the entire project from the sidebar (like you're rearranging the order) and drop it right on top of the Someday/Maybe list. You'll wind up with a nested action group in the Someday/Maybe list, with the project's name as the top-level action and any other actions nested underneath.

Then, when you're reviewing your Someday/Maybe list and you decide it's time to work on a project, you can just select that nested action group and drag it out from the list into the sidebar, and it reappears exactly as it was created in the first place.

I'm not sure if you lose any meta-info from the project, but I haven't noticed any missing.

Again, this may be something "everyone knows", but it was new to me so I thought I'd share.