View Single Post
The WorkspaceExpireTime setting is great. Since I set it to 5 minutes I'm running my 40 open tabs distributed over several workspaces on less than 700 MB memory footprint on average.

Only thing that tends to make this setup completely unusable is that now the application crashes MUCH more frequently than ever before. Most of these crashes are "out of nothing" which together with the low WorkspaceExpireTime indicates that it happens when releasing the memory for inactive workspaces.

Just to give you an idea: since I started working today I had 5 crashes. There were days when I had even more, depending on how often I switch workspaces. I actually forgot sending crash reports far too many times, now I try to not miss a single one :) They all have the same comment: "crashed while doing nothing".

I'm aware that often such crashes are caused by plugins, however just out of curiosity - are these crash reports actually read at all, or are they just redirected to the null device? Since OmniWeb is no longer a pay ware product I guess there's not too high a priority on fixing these bugs, but, needless to say, such fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Comment anyone?