View Single Post
Thank's for the help!

The thing is that I have taken snapshots with the correct sided drawer and I agree about the 'to far on the wrong side' effect that my preference setting should over ride this and always open at the side I've chosen. If that's what you mean?

OmniWeb is tiling the windows exactly as I think it should. That is side ways if the windows fills the height of the space under the main menu. I also think that a chosen preference should over ride any change of opening side OmniWeb does as an effect of being placed or being tiled over at the side were a change would be wanted in some circumstances.

I might have missed something here about wich takes precedence, preference setting or proximity to either side of the screen? If that's the case I would like a preference named something like 'Drawer always open at left/right' were "always" is the keyword. Always as in 'no matter workspace snapshot' and 'no matter window position' or shortly as in 'no matter what'. That's what I believe would be a good solution. I always set my preferences on any fresh install of OmniWeb and I always chose the left side and yet the drawer sometimes end up at the right side. It might do that as an effect of something working as it should but then it is a bit too easy to misinterpret the preference settings?

A setting that change between; a preferred side but let OmniWeb pick the best side according to the position and; a forced side 'always, no matter what', is another suggestion? I don't mean these suggestions to be taken literarily but rather as further description of what I think is a bug or perhaps not being the greatest implementation of a feature in the otherwise best web browser imo.

I hope the somewhat lengthy post isn't annoyingly picky about the subject? I felt that seeking perfection is in line with what's going on here at OmniGroup since I could not see any other way one could reach the result you have with your great software products!