View Single Post
It is a bit more than a minor annoyance for me. There are two principles being violated by OF's current behavior:
  1. Selecting a context should show only actions that can be performed in the selected context.
  2. Selecting a context should show every [next] action that can be performed in the selected context.
The first principal is violated when a parent context is selected -- OF shows actions in all of that context's children, which are probably unavailable. The second principal is violated when a child context is selected -- OF fails to show actions in the context's parent, which is (by definition) available.

It is not really a matter of strict abstract logic, for me. When I select a context, I really do not want to see things that I cannot do, and I really want to see every action that I can do.

The only reason we are not surprised by OF's current behavior is that it is the behavior of the outliners that we are accustomed to using. But OF is not an outliner, and I think it should abide by the principles above.