View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
I'm late to this thread, but what jdh is saying here is the elemental truth - buy into Things at your peril. It is coming up to 18 months ago that they promised the ability to set recurring tasks on the iPhone version would be added and yet they still haven't been implemented. Instead of doing the (seemingly) hard work of fixing their pretty-but-utterly-mediocre iPhone app, they waste their customers time releasing an iPad app with the exact same limitations. Their work ethic and attitude to customers is beyond atrocious.
JKT-I couldn't agree with you more. I must admit, OF is not the prettiest app, but syncing between my Mac, 3G iPad, 3GS iPhone has been stellar (using MobileMe). I've got too much, organizationally, invested at this point and I've gotten very used to squeezing a lot out of it. I was watching Things and Midnight Inbox for awhile (I'm attracted to good UIs), but Cultured AND Midnight Beep push their dates back constantly. I understand development has these lapses, but if I remember correctly, I think CC was a full year late on delivering their v1 app.

In opinion, OF can do some very robust things using large databases, while Things appears to work for the casual GTD'er.

Just my $0.02.

-Marc