View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Rather than force folks to constantly fiddle with the ical syncing every time they created a project, we associated the calendars with Contexts, which generally have a longer lifespan. That way, once you have things set up, you don't have to mess with it as much.
I don't sync OF to iCal and I doubt that I would if it were possible to sync according to projects instead of contexts. But I do understand dfooter's observation that OF currently syncs contexts to iCal calendars that, for many people, are set up to be areas of responsibility.

What I would see as having more utility would be to sync OF folders to iCal calendars. Many users set up OF folders as areas of responsibility that mirror 1-1 with the users' iCal calendars. My top level folders are just as static as my contexts, so lifespan is not an issue. Users could then sync tasks in a 'Work' folder in OF to a 'Work' calendar in iCal and share that calendar with events and OF tasks with others. Things has the ability to do this with a custom configuration and it is nicely implemented. As is, sharing a calendar that is linked to an OF context just doesn't have near the same utility.