View Single Post
Thanks for a quick reply.

I have in the meantime somehow gotten it working with constraints.

In my world, dependencies, even in the HR department are quite unelastic. A director always relies on a client, a photographer (almost) always relies on a director. (What's nice about this is that these kind of relationships also gives a pretty good clue about effort vs duration.

A one day shoot does not go any faster with ten people on the set etc, an editing process doesn't go any faster with the editor and director present, but both color correction and FX are independent of this (and rely on gantt charts more than resource dependencies). But that's on the border of the discussion. :)

There surely are exceptions from this rule, but for me - a simple hierachy with flat or top nodes with some smart logic attached to it would seem like a good idea. This could also make the groups more versatile. Is the group an OR dependency or AND? A.K.A. Elastic or unelastic?

So with - say 10 resources - you could intuitively create several groups of dependency, both interally and externally "Development", "Managment", and "Sales" as a combination of the two - for example.

Oh well. It's late. But that's the top of my head right now. Good luck and good night.