View Single Post
Here's another thought: how immediately do you need those actions to show up in OmniFocus, and how important is it that they have the text of the message with its formatting vs. just having a link to the message? I could imagine a script run periodically from iCal which took all the messages in a given folder (your Mail->OmniFocus "inbox", so to speak), created new actions in OmniFocus with just a link like the Original Message link you get when you clip it, then moved them to another folder where they would await completion. The advantages I see here are you don't have all of the message bodies actually taking up space in OmniFocus, you don't have to fool around with trying to simulate keyboard input from AppleScript, and refiling an email into a folder is pretty convenient, and could even be done automatically by a filter for some messages.

Unfortunately, building an exact replica of the message body via AppleScript is difficult, so if you need to have that in the actions, this scheme won't work (or I won't be the one implementing it, at least!)