View Single Post
Tim -

First thanks for the massive update. Builds just fine with lots to catch up on. The writePreviews example in TextEditor is great. Much better than my measly implementation...

A few questions:

1 - Can you suggest an "elegant" way of filtering out certain documents in the /Documents directory within your framework. I've researched the topic and between the picker and the store, it looks like ALL documents and sub-directories are being picked up (I even get the .DS_Store). Unfortunately my app is also storing some documents there. So I end up with non-documents in my picker view. I hate subclassing too much from your framework - just headaches merging changes down the line. Maybe a nice override from the app controller that allows one to specify valid file patterns for display/edit?

2 - For the life of me, I can't figure out how the image picker (photo album) is being invoked. The toolbar in app controller has a nil target for the attachImage action. The proper target must be set somewhere else? Right? It is also only "active" after a tap in the edit window (and the keyboard comes up). My app uses a custom image document app with a view controller that is loosely based on OUIEditableFrame. I can get it to work properly by hard coding a target in toolbarItemsForDocument, but that clearly wasn't your intent.

3 - MidSummer.rtf is finally viewable in the new build. Never did before - just got the spinner of death from the picker. However, this time around, text is displayed, but scrolling the document doesn't work : everything seems to stutter: scrollbars inch along and the keyboard is non-functional after tap. It's a long document, dunno if that has anything to do with it.

I am running all of this in the iPad simulator using Xcode 4.2 and IOS 5.0 (9A334) in 10.7.3 on a Mac Pro.

Regards, Patrice