View Single Post
Prompted by this thread (and the marketing of Things 2), I figured I'd see how it's improved.

You know that saying about "one man's treasure is another man's trash"?

Yeah.

Within five minutes of using Things, I knew it's still not for me. Here are a couple of things that bugged me (or are outright showstoppers for my workflow):

* When creating a new project, you can't just start typing the name in immediately; you have to double-click to go into "editing mode".

* All your actions show up under your projects in the Next view on iPad, with no way of limiting it to just the "next action".

* Completed items also show up in your Next view on iPad.

* On iPad, the projects list is this weird view that's a (poor) graphical representation of a "book" or something.

* When creating a new project, fields are ordered: Project name, Tags, Due Date, Notes, but the tab order is Project name, Tags, Notes, skipping over Due Date. But if you tab to Notes, then shift-tab to go back, you go Notes to Due Date. That makes no sense!

* When a project is selected under Active Projects, there's no way to delete that project. You have to go to the Projects Focus section, select the item from that list and delete from there.

There's no way to automatically only show the actually actionable item for a project, to easily manage projects, etc.

Overall, Things feels more like a "to do list": you make a big list of all the little things you want to do at some point and you review them to select which items on that list you'll do "today".

It does not feel like a GTD app in the slightest to me.