View Single Post
Maybe I am just shedding cognitive dissonance (being a European without any chance of queueing for any iPhones soon), but I have recently jettisoned any pretension of synching todos with my mobiles at all.

I now use a Montblanc pen/notebook to jot down inbox items while on the go, and my morning review yields a list (printed from OF) of things that I need to do while enroute. (View availables, group by dues, then check as appropriate, after that change filter from availables to checked, print.)

Not only is my notebook svelte and sexy enough to impress (though not as much as an iPhone to be sure), I also avoid mixing up date-related (appointment) and to-do information. P.A. seperated them for a reason.

Klaus

BTW, I am really looking for a single need-not-carry-anything-else device. A gadget with a puny 2 MP camera and neither flash nor Zeiss lens, scant room for about 20 % of my music collection and no 3G UMTS is not it -- and this does not even mention PIM integration.

The iPhone is likely to be a huge commercial success. What I really need, a UMPC-beating sub-1kg MacBook running OS X with an entire day's worth of battery life, is unfortunately not on Steve's radar, Apple having been eclipsed completely on that sub-market by Sony.

Now _this_ "MacPocket" would really be a killer GTD device, with no half-assed (sorry) synching at all.