View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Right, but I'm just not totally convinced it would be any easier to tell it to open an attachment in GoodReader, then tell GoodReader that I want to mail it, compared to simply copy and paste directly into Mail. I understand that you can't do that right now, but I don't expect that to always be the case, and I would be a bit surprised if they only did the DI feature and didn't get copy/paste working in places where it does not now but should work, like extracting attachments.
I agree, although I don't believe it has to be one or the other! Also, how many Members have voted on 'fixing' or 'feature requested' attachment copy-n-paste out? You might be a 'bit surprised if they only did the DI feature' but I don't have your faith, that either will be implemented, sans votes! I never knew that bug fixes had to be voted on, until Brian made that clear. Hence, my original post.

Quote:
I think it would be a useful change even if it only gave us the ability to read some additional document types, but if GoodReader can do more than that, great.
It's not just GoodReader (which I used only as an example) Apple has implemented Document Interchange system-wide within it's own Apps. In the last few days, I'm seeing more-and-more Apps implement DI in their updates.

Quote:
What about using DI to get files into OmniFocus? Do you see that as useful? Just like dragging a file onto Mail's dock icon creates a new email with file attached, maybe the "Open in OmniFocus" option would put you in quick entry with the file attached?
I think there may have been crossover between our posts, as I did mention this in my last post, please accept my apologies, if I didn't make sense.

As always, whpalmer4, appreciate your input.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-27 at 07:50 AM..