View Single Post
Using Omnigraffle 3.2.4.

I'm trying to draw two lines that are perpendicular with each other - one horizontal and the other vertical. The horizontal line should terminate at the vertical line somewhere along the vertical line (i.e., NOT at either of the end points of the vertical line).

Everytime I do that, as I get close to the vertical line, the cursor drops below the horizontal line, and I have to include a 90 deg bend in the "horizontal" line and actually place its termination point some small distance "down" the vertical line. (The termination point is actuallly below the starting point.)

How can I just connect a horizontal line to a vertical line without adding this additional segment where the two "lines" actually run parallel?

I'm sorry this must be difficult to follow - I'm new to omnigraffle so there must be something about the fact that the termination point is being connected to the vertical line that is causing the endpoint to move that I don't understand. I don't have a public website on which I could post the file so it would be easier to see what is actually happening.