View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post
Thought I would offer a little perspective in case you are still having this issue. I just tested saving from OG 5 to a AFP share point on our 10.5.4 Server and had no errors.

To me this would mean the issue is in the configuration of your server combined with how OG saves files.

What protocol does this share use?
We are using Novell with AppleShare services, but that is irrelevant. The student's Novell account it totally separate from the Mac User Account. In other words, the computers have three accounts: a standard account used by teachers which allows them to access all programs, managed account used by students which restricts them to certain programs, and my admin account.

Privileges from this account have no bearing on Novell access. To whit, using my Novell account, I can save an OG file if I log on to the computer using my admin account. I cannot save if I log onto the computer using my student test account. (Interestingly, I cannot recall if I tested the teacher account or what the result was if I did.) If I use my Novell student account I can save if I log onto the computer with my admin account but not my student account.

It seems to me that OG must be attempting to save a temporary file of some type in a location that the managed account has no priveleges to.