View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMethod View Post
Ah, so you give different projects different review intervals, and then use Perspectives like "Daily Review," "3-day Review," and so on?
Well, not exactly. My perspective for reviewing simply groups projects by next review date. I review the projects in the "Today" group, and any projects that were supposed to be reviewed in the past, and I usually don't bother looking at the groups for the future unless I'm trying to procrastinate :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMethod View Post

I think I'm getting there...but I thought of a few things that I didn't mention last time:

Is it typical to leave completed projects in the database, and to use filters to only look at current projects? Does not deleting them bloat the database or cause performance issues?

How are people using flags and due dates? Is it more common to put anything with a due date or time-sensitive into a calendar?
I do leave my completed projects in the database, and the perspectives that I use for keeping work going select Active Projects or Remaining Projects only. I've seen it suggested that having a lot of stuff in the database doesn't slow things down too much so long as it isn't being displayed, and my experience hasn't given me cause to dispute that suggestion. I'm hopeful that Ken & crew will be able to keep the app efficient enough that it won't be a worthwhile use of my time to spend much time pruning completed projects.

I tend to use start dates more than due dates to manage my efforts. I do put due dates on things that really have hard due dates, but using the start date to keep my eye on the ball works better for me. As for flags, I tend to look things over while doing the daily review in the morning and I'll flag actions or whole projects that I want to concentrate on for the day. I like the "group by" options in context view because they effectively give you a free sort operation and then you can still sort by flagged, etc. I don't bother with iCal except for keeping track of appointments.