View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
I'm with ksrhee. I find that the due date in tasks suffices for me, especially because iCal sorts tasks due today at the top of the list. If something is truly hard landscape--i.e., it must be done on a particular day--then I'll schedule it in the calendar. Otherwise, for me a due date is a terminus ad quem: something has to be done by a given date, but not necessarily on that date. It wouldn't make sense to schedule such a task as an event in the calendar.

By the way, I had been grouping and sorting actions by due date (saved as a perspective) to keep on top of upcoming deadlines, but the new badges are a nice addition.
Yes. I still don't see what's the point of syncing the tasks as all day events in iCal. I can see those tasks fine right now in iCal in the task pane, and with iCal's preference you can block out the future tasks if you are in the day view. In fact, it would just crowd my calendar which I keep for actual appointments and events. To me that's the purpose of keeping a calendar anyway.

I think iCal sync is useful for many who wants to get OF tasks into PDA's , iPhone, etc., and also for those of us who like to schedule tasks into "appointments" so that we can schedule our tasks into our calendar.

This method of scheduling your tasks into "hard" appointment has proven quite successful for me since tasks need to get done at some points, and by scheduling them, I know I can devote my time to those tasks during the day.

So, I for one would like to vote "no" for this behavior as a default option. However, if Omni makes this optional for those of you who would find this feature helpful, then I have no objections.