Thread: Toggle Status
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
That would be better from a consistency standpoint, and it would help with this problem somewhat, but I still would prefer to not use the spacebar to mark projects complete, since I could hit the spacebar and move to another view and not notice that it was marked. A better option might be to have a more complicated keystroke for marking actions as complete, one that could not be accidentally done. I think the best option is to allow the user to choose the keystroke (or turn it off altogether).

If I accidentally mark an action as complete, I should catch it in the weekly (or daily) review. But there is no such check for a project accidentally marked complete. I'm getting the feeling that users of OmniFocus need to add a "completed projects review" to their weekly review to catch these accidental spacebar hits.
You can easily see what you might have accidentally completed, if you really find this to be an issue. Make a perspective showing completed projects, grouped by completed date, with only the Today grouping open.

This issue has come up at least once before, as I recall. I was surprised by it then, and I'm still a bit puzzled by it now. It seems like people should be accidentally completing projects in large numbers, no? Yet that doesn't seem to be happening. For my part, I find that I almost never actually click on a project name in the outline except to complete it or mark it reviewed.