View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsmailus View Post
've also decided that Omni's lack of at least giving an option for tags, not really changing anything in the database architecture from OF 1 makes me wonder why I should upgrade. Yes the Ui's nice, but that's no the most important thing for me.
This is the biggest gap in OF 2 for me, the base of OF Has not changed from what I've seen.

Whilst I don't doubt the amount of time that the fine people at Omni have put into OF2 for Mac and IPhone (and I've no doubt about the iPad app as well) a lack of progress in the back end and enabling smarter ways for users to work is why I was disappointed with OF2 for Mac, and am unsurprised that OF2 for iPhone has followed the same path

I'm caught at a crossroads. I've invested the equivalent of $180 in all three versions of Omnifocus 1, and I've had my money's worth out of the iPad version, but not the other two apps. I had pinned my hopes that Omni would improve the data model in OF2 (Omni never made this promise) and enable me to work in a smarter way in the future, and it appears that for all of the hard work and improvements in Omnifocus 2, as someone who is primarily an iPad user, these features add little to the way I work with no promise of any back end improvements. Because of this I cannot see that I will invest in new versions.

I'll continue to use OF1 for the time being, but I'll be investigating new options for the future. This disappoints me hugely because Omni are a good company which provides quality software and support at reasonable prices. Unfortunately in my opinion, Omni are not adapting to the changing landscape of task and project management in 2013 and still using an outdated model from GTD based in the early 1990s.

I don't have problems with Omni charging the same price for a new version, I don't think that the new versions of Omnifocus introduce enough new value to justify a bump from 1.x to 2.x