View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
The new OW icons are quite nice, IMO. However, it you're going to have a "home" button, please make the browser have a "true" home page which is not the same thing as a start page.

In other words, I might want new windows to open blank, but I still want Google as my "home" page...
There's a simple workaround for this that I've been using for some time: Go to your standard workspace, load your desired homepage and take a snapshot. Set your startpage to blank. Given that you quit OW using your standard workspace, it will always open with your homepage, and new windows/tabs will be blank. Other than not being obvious, this method doesn't have any disadvantages compared to a "real" home page. (Apart from the point that it would be good to have the possibility to define a standard workspace that will always be opened on startup, no matter what the workspace was when OW was closed.)

That said, my 5ct about the icons: To my eyes they represent a very strange mixture of understatement (which I like) and childishness (which just doesn't fit that professional browser). Of course, I will get used to them if they won't change, and to me, sheer optics are not the slightest of a reason to abandon an otherwise great product. But still, could look more professional. ;-)