View Single Post
Although the stalled projects filter is great for finding stalled projects, acting on the projects in the list is difficult, mostly because a project disappears immediately after I do something that would get it moving again, like adding a next action. That sounds good, except that it happens before I'm done making changes, which requires me to fish around looking for that project again.

If the project has a default context defined, just selecting one of the projects in the stalled project list and hitting return is enough to zap the project out of view. If it doesn't, the disappearance happens when you tab from Context to Start Date, filling in data.

So I've been trying to use the view bar to switch back and forth between stalled and active project modes to make any changes to a stalled project. But since it might be hard to find the project among the active projects, it sometimes helps to focus first.

So to work through a list of stalled projects, the procedure becomes
1. Look at the stalled project list.
2. Identify a project that needs a next action; select it.
3. Focus on it.
4. Toggle the filter from "Stalled" to "Active" (which requires that both the view bar and the project hierarchy be visible).
5. Edit the project.
6. Change the filter from "Active" to "Stalled".
7. Show All to undo the focus.
Repeat with the next stalled project.