View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrre View Post
Projects appearing in contexts is new behavior that deviates from the desktop version (1.7.*). The usefulness of my perspectives on my iPhone is diminished.
If you configure the perspectives to only display available items (rather than all remaining items), does that help? (Projects won't be available until all their actions have been completed.)

Or do the perspectives in question not work as well unless they show all remaining items? (What kinds of perspectives are they?)

Quote:
What is most upsetting is that the scope of a project's default context is expanded to apply to the project itself, whereas previously it only applied to new actions. If projects must, going forward, appear in contexts, I would like to see a new project attribute, "Completion Context"; and have default context revert to its previous scope.
In the current design, every task (whether a group or an action) has a context. New children within a task inherit their default context from their parent. (This is how inheritance has always behaved: if you had a single action and broke it down into subtasks, the subtasks would start out inheriting the context from their parent.)

But yes, there definitely is a workflow change in this release: groups previously weren't considered actionable themselves (even though you could complete them), so any context you assigned to them previously only affected their children, whereas it now also affects the placement of the group itself in context lists.

I'd like to make the workflow as simple as possible, but not simpler: so please do let me know where this change is causing you friction—we'd like to address that!

Last edited by Ken Case; 2010-04-21 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: Forgot to respond to the question of default contexts