Thread: Export file OO4
View Single Post
Hey, applescript newbie here. I'm trying to write a script that will export my OO4 file to a specified format and location. In the Omnioutliner applescript dictionary I found:

Quote:
export v : Exports the document to the specified location and file type. Unlike the "save" command, this will never set the name of the document or change its modified flag.
export specifier : the object for the command
to file : Where to place the exported document.
[as text] : The name of a writable file type to use when writing the document. Defaults to the appropriate type for the path extension on the export destination.
And based on that I made a few attempts:

Code:
tell application "OmniOutliner"
	export to "/Users/mm/Dropbox/My Stuff/Outliner export" as ".rtf"
end tell
Did nothing.

Code:
	tell front document
		export to "/Users/mmarotta/Dropbox/My Stuff/Outliner export/Sell house (conflict from Macbook-Pro-Michael-Marotta).oo3"
	end tell
end tell
Gave error message "error "OmniOutliner got an error: “Sell house (conflict from Macbook-Pro-Michael-Marotta).oo3” couldn’t be moved because you don’t have permission to access “Outliner export”." number 7"

Code:
	set mydoc to open "/Users/mmarotta/Documents/My Local Stuff/OmniPresence/Outliner Notes Files/Outline Projects/Sell house.oo3"
	export mydoc to "/Users/mmarotta/Dropbox/My Stuff/Outliner export/Sell house.oo3" as ".rtf"
end tell
Said .rtf is not a writable format. I tried ".rtf", "RTF", "RTF (Rich Text Document)", "HTML", and "com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner.HTMLExport/HTML (Dynamic)" (which I saw used in another post) and all got the similar error. I'm not really sure what's supposed to go in here.

When I tried removing the 'as .rtf' section hoping it would just default to something to see if the rest of the script worked I got "error "OmniOutliner got an error: “Sell house.oo3” couldn’t be moved because you don’t have permission to access “Outliner export”." number 7"

I just can't get any of this to work. Like I said, I'm super new to applescript so it's probably something obvious but I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Thanks!

Last edited by random1destiny; 2014-03-11 at 08:06 AM..