View Single Post
How do you export your OO outline into Scrivener? I use Nisus to write my most of my papers since OO is just not setup for this even though Omni claims you can write your next book in OO. It would be a bit of a pain without a lot of work towards BookEnds support, more exporting options for work in NWP/Mellel etc.

I have owned Scrivener for some time, well over a year I believe, and I have just started using it for my larger - involved projects. This is very intriguing to me that you exort your outline. I wish there was a ay to expor the outline into mini-documents in Scrivener but so far I can just import it as a RTF file and go from there.

I do want to say that OO is the note taking software I use, period. But there is room for improvement and I feel that Omni as of late has been more interested in developing new lines of programs that fill needed gaps and bring in money, but have let OO and OG slide a bit on new innovations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kened View Post
Scrivener is a wonderful application for writers. From my own perspective as a freelance journalist, OmniOutliner and Scrivener complement each other beautifully in my workflow.

I sketch down rough ideas in OO, organising, re-arranging, hammering, bending into a shape that seems about right - i then export the outline into scrivener. Scrivener takes an outline and allows you to flesh it out into much bigger documents. It's a tool for writers - of any kind - school assignments to nobel literature prize winner wannabes. the full screen/typewriter scroll thing is a joy. Would anyone want to write a novel for example, in OO? You can in Scrivener. I love the simplicity and flexibility of OO. It's the first piece of software i turn to when i've got something new to do and when (or if... ) it gets upgraded to 4.0 i dread to think what kind of bloat-ridden monster it could become if all the suggestions on the 'suggestions for 4.0' thread are taken up. I'm desperate to see a zoom view option tho'.