View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
The only way I can think of would be to use UI scripting to click on the Clip-O-Tron's menu item:
Thanks for looking at this, Ken. I never would've thought to use the UI. The script you wrote works great from the script editor, and it's actually pretty quick (UI scripts I've used in other contexts run pretty slow). But your intuition is correct; it doesn't work from within a Mail rule. The UI references get lost somehow, even when I expressly tell System Events to put mail frontmost. There's nothing useful in the Console-- the commands just disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
(I'm not quite sure what you mean by "auto-assigning the project"; it's definitely possible to look up projects and assign them to tasks you create from AppleScript, and I think there are some examples posted which do this.)
For reference, I was referring to the ability Clip-O-Tron has to use a MailTags Project name, if present and equal to an OF project name, as the project of the new task. I can't find this functionality in any of the scripts, current or past, for moving mail to OF. I had another look at the scripts included in this Forum and couldn't find anything. If you know of one I could use as a template, please let me know.

Thanks again for looking.