View Single Post
In the whole how OmniFocus handles GTD scope of things, I am finding myself looking for some advice on how to handle a couple of categories of items:

Question 1:
The whole Someday/Maybe issue. There currently is no "Someday/Maybe" bucket (should there be?). We have On Hold, and we have a review date and review period for projects, and the Mark Reviewed tool (but no pre-set perspective to find these items, or mechanism that tells us an item is past its review date).

I am assuming that people are using "On Hold" projects for Someday/Maybe.
And then I am assuming that they are creating a Perspective optimized for reviewing, and then I am assuming that you create some sort of Repeating Action to remind you to perform a review?
Is this the best OmniFocus practice for tickling a someday list? Or is there a better system out there?

Question 2:
I have lists of books, music, and movies that I am/might-be interested in buying, someday, maybe...
What is the best way to manage these in OmniFocus? They are not really Projects/Actions (but I might want to see them on an Errands list, if the shopping bug strikes)...They are really not "on hold"...they don't really need a review...They are actually more like reference, but I want them in a "shopping bug" context list. What's best practice/hints/tips for these tyypes of items? A Project for each category (books, music, movies) with each action an item? An Action for each category with a note field for items? Make the action "inactive" or "on-hold"? Is "Books" a project? Does that make sense? Or is that just a nomenclature hang-up I need to get over...Etc...

Question 3:
Same as question 2, but for gift ideas. I mention gifts separately because they are something that would be reviewed on each gift-giving period, but that would be different based on birthdate, christmas, etc...

Question 4:
And finally, reading. Some things I want to read for fun. Some things I need to read for work. Some are important. Some are to read someday...I suppose the reading for work is self-explanatory, it would be treated like any other action, with a Reading context...I suppose the items that are just to be read "whenever" for fun, could just be under a "Reading" project and a "Reading" context. Is that right? I know people always get hung up when projects and contexts are the same...

Thanks in advance for the advice...