View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
What does this mean? After reading this I checked, and I se that there is a check box in the inspector for this setting. What does it do and how is it used?
If a context doesn't permit next actions, then nothing going into that context ever becomes a next action. Projects waiting on a task in that context are stalled until it is removed.

Quote:
How does throwing them into a folder hide them? Just because you collapse the folder?
Yup. Exactly. I wasn't aware that you could deactivate a folder, but I think I'll have to try that out, too.

Quote:
Curious to know if when you are viewing items up for review, does OmniFocus filter these future review items from your view, so as to not overwhelm you?
I have a planning-mode perspective that displays ALL projects and groups by "Next Review". I look at this a few times throughout the week (at least once during my weekly review). What's nice about this perspective is that it also shows projects that will need review soon, so it's a great way to quickly scan and say "Oh yeah, that project that I 'Someday'd' would actually be a good thing to start now, even though I set its next review to February."

Reviews are KEY to the GTD methodology, and frankly, they make technology irrelevant if you use them. (Not that good tech isn't fun) The review process in OF is really just a means to remind yourself to check a couple things out. No more, no less.