View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz1 View Post
Just to clarify and make sure I'm understanding you: since I've already set up the sync between the iPhone and the desktop client (using MobileMe) on my computer at home, should I ALSO tell the desktop client on my computer at work to sync with the iPhone? Or will that basically be redundant since all three devices are already uploading/downloading changes to/from MobileMe?
Actually, you don't tell any of them to sync with a specific device, just the method to be used (MobileMe, in this case).
Quote:
In other words, having just today installed the OF client on my work computer, should I go to Preferences/Sync and under the heading for the iPhone click Share Settings? Or will that essentially have no effect either way?
Unnecessary -- the iPhone already knows all it needs to know if it is syncing successfully. No change required to add another client to the mix, because they don't sync with each other, they sync with the database stored on the MobileMe webDAV server. Think of it as a physical bulletin board where you and your buddies leave each other group messages, rather than calling each member of the group. Maybe a shared Facebook account would be a more relevant example for this day and age :)