View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whshep View Post
My working system is actually different. I keep projects in different folders, according to the larger project (a system I started in graduate school, with a different folder for each class; OF support staff tried to talk me into using projects for classes, and and items and sub-items for each class project, but that never worked). Within the folders, the projects are arranged more or less by creation date, since I always knew I could sort them in Context view, which is what I work from day-by-day.

So you see in any one Context, I could have items not only from different projects, but different folders (which serve as uber-Projects). To try to arrange them in Project view by order of importance would be impossible.

The genius of OF Mac is that you can do the kind of thing I did and make it work, even when it was intended to be used some other way. That's what we pay the big bucks for.

Since we've paid a lot for OF iPad, we expect similar versatility.

Clever. And a good workaround for people like me who want more robust sorting.

But I still want more robust sorting!
It's interesting that, in response to the question about why OmniFocus iPad is so expensive, that OmniFocus says it's because it's not a companion product but is rather a standalone product but I keep seeing answers to basic problems being things that need to be sync'd from desktop.