View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post
Trying to squeeze the power of OmniFocus into the smaller iPhone/iPod touch screen appears to definitely be a challenge for Omnigroup and many other app developers. I think the iPhone version of OmniFocus has its place in the universe but complex editing (such as nested tasks) are probably beyond the limits of the small 4" screen. It's probably best suited for capturing simple tasks while on-the-go, looking up tasks, and checking off tasks. Workflows such as Review, and complex project creation would overwhelm the iPhone's small screen size.

I've noticed that I tend to capture thoughts and ideas on my iPod touch. But I'll turn to my Mac or iPad to flesh out the complex projects further. I would just be too frustrated trying to do anything more on the iPod touch.

As we can see, OmniPlan, OmniGraffle, and OmniOutliner have been designed only for the iPad and not the iPhone. Heck, even Apple's Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps are quite limited when working on the 4" screen.

I have been seriously contemplating just getting an iPad mini Retina just so that I can use OmniFocus for iPad instead. I have my "man-bag" or "murse" so it doesn't bother me too much. It's not a phablet but it's definitely not phone-sized.
It's not even complex editing – it's the display of the stuff. I find it absolutely ridiculous that I have to tap through several levels just in order to see the stuff.

It means that I can't visualise my tasks.

It is completely feasible. I've done a quick mockup in Pixelmator (sadly I don't have OmniGraffle 6 and I can't really justify the purchase at the moment).