View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
OF is coloring based on due time, not date. If you set a due date of today, OF uses the time 00:00. So technically, OF considers the item past due. You could set the due time on items to something later in the day, say 17:00, and set the "soon" threshold in Preferences to 1 day. Then the current day would be orange and late would be red. You wouldn't get any special highlighting for future actions though.
Thanks again for suggesting this. I use a perspective that groups and sorts by due. In the today section, I have two types of actions due: (1) Routine, repeating actions and (2) One-off actions. I can let the first slide, but not the second.

So, using your explanation regarding due time, I set the due time for the routine actions to 11:59 P.M., making them orange. And, I set the due time for the one-off actions to 12:00 A.M., making them red.

That really helps me distinguish between the two in the Today section. I can tell at a glance which is which without continually setting flags. Also, it allows me to use flags for something else. Thanks.

I like this system so well that I retracted my feedback suggestion/request to OmniGroup to add a new color for items due "today" defined as from 12:00 A.M. to 11:59 P.M. This system of two different colors is much more helpful to me than having all one color.

Last edited by dhm2006; 2007-11-14 at 03:55 AM.. Reason: Added last paragraph.