View Single Post
thanks for the CNN article! that was a good read!

I can vouch for the language of "accomplishment" - it really works well and something I am actively integrating back into GTD. something else I hear in the article that I think is key is the "scheduling" bit.

I go back and forth about it cuz I will admit, I don't want to be "dominated" by my calendar and thus that's why David Allen's method of contexts is so appealing. It feels refreshing to get "organized" and have your lists in place. But just like a operating system (come on, we're all geeks at the end of the day :) we are faced with a reality that these next actions must occur in time and this is what Mission Control emphasizes and more importantly not so much the mechanics but the mindset you have to be in to be effective at it. I will admit, I still feel halfway between MC and GTD and just committed to making in work regardless of the methodology.

The controversial bit that I'd like to debate is whether there is a limit to one's ability to process your context lists on the fly and only schedule day-specific next actions. I think there is and might be wrong.

ok - so I can't vouch for the online courses - I've only completed the face-to-face one in Bangkok. I updated the thread I pointed to in my last post here about 2 weeks ago.

Is the course worth it - yes. was it a pretty penny - it certainly was!