View Single Post
I understand that OmniFocus is not OmniOutliner but for me, row and page numbering would be very beneficial. I use OmniFocus to coordinate team projects, manage team agendas, and project details -- OmniOutliner or OmniPlan cannot do it as well as OmniFocus. When going over projects with multiple people with a hardcopy in hand it would be much easier to reference a line number than saying half way down the page -- no not that one -- next page -- to say look at 3.1.1, or page 2, point 4.a makes much more sense. And besides -- much of the code is already written for OmniPlan -- how hard can it be to adapt. Using it as an individual, I also believe the row numbering would also be of great help helping me be more efficient -- which of course is the exact purpose of OmniFocus. Just because it doesn't do it doesn't mean that it's not a good idea to be able to turn on or off. I know it "may" not be pure GTD but it would help most people in the real world work better. Everyone I show OmniFocus to loves what it can do -- it's what it can't do that keeps some, not me, from trying this new product that has tremendous potential to be great product! I understand that more features will be added in new versions -- I would submit these would be great, if not essential, elements to add before OmniFocus can go from good to great!