View Single Post
I give up.

I found a backup that is reasonable, but I can't get the program to "keep" it (i.e., open to it after saving, exiting, and reopening). In addition, daily items when checked off now jump ahead 2 days instead of 1.

And the thought of having to follow Richard's instructions below today, and possibly every time an update is released, is unacceptable.

I have been willing to put in 1-5 hours a day learning the program and networking with fellow community members, but I don't have time in my day to spend ONE HOUR just to get the program up and running on top of all the rest of the time I put into this project.

Unless the install gets fixed so that it works correctly, OmniFocus is no longer a viable tool.

--Sandy Santra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flynn View Post
I was having this problem. Here's what I did (this is only applicable for the moment and if you want to play with Clipping, I assume):

1. Install Build 92560
2. Download Build 92562 (which is causing the problems with beachballing on startup; I haven't got OmniWeb installed)
3. In the build 92562 disk image, open up the OmniFocus application package; then navigate to Contents; inside that is a folder called PlugIns—copy that to your desktop
4. Go to the copy of PlugIns on your desktop; within that is a package called BuiltInClippingHandlers.plugin: open that package.
5. From within that package delete 'OmniWeb.applescript'—this is what was causing the problem for me.
6. Copy the PlugIns folder into /Applcations/OmniFocus/Contents (i.e. inside the Package of your installed copy of OmniFocus: you'll want to do this when the application is closed).
7. Restart OmniFocus.

Of course, these instructions are pretty bleeding-edge and probably not very clear; also I'm confident that they'll be entirely unnecessary within the next few hours when an updated build gets posted!

I've just been reminded that Firefox doesn't support OS X text services, darnit!!