View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
I do something similar, but I call my context "Thinking". Anything that requires deeper thought before I can proceed gets assigned this context, effectively placing the project on hold until I've come to some kind of conclusion about the action and changed its context, added new action(s), or checked off the blocking action. I also often log some notes in the note field so I can always go back to review my decisions at a later date.

I have saved perspective that allows me to pull up all my "Thinking" actions. Then, whenever I'm going to have some time alone with my thoughts, like before a long drive or my morning run, I review the list for something to occupy my mind.
I hope that your "thinking stuff" won't become an "stuck in between bucket" on the way from Inbox to...action ;) Potentially a big energy drain no? But if it keeps you inspired and effiscient it has to work. For me, I'd unconscuously loose some energy not putting things like that into calender to work as a tickler file. GTD says that having things come back at us with a bit of surprise, after you offloaded them and "forgot" in a trusted system - we become more creative, motivated and enthused as oposed to not be motivated or not having an answer and track it on a list. sorry if I'm a pain - i just work for my black belt ;) Had to many appz and system come and go - you know how it is. /Dom