View Single Post
If you have hundreds of tasks, I think there might be a different problem here. You have too many tasks or projects that are active.

I've found that using start dates on everything is a high maintenance routine that becomes time consuming very quickly.

You can use the inspector or control-click on a project to set the status between Active, On Hold, and Dropped.

Take a look at all the projects that you have. Then start setting all the projects that you won't be getting to in the next 7-10 days to "On Hold" status. I leave a small amount of projects to active.

The common ones I leave active are typically routine projects such as:

Home Daily_Weekly Chores
Office Routine Chores
Monthly bills

These are all tasks related to a routine such as bill payments, janitorial stuff (house cleaning). I usually leave them set to active.

Then I review my projects that can be started at any time. That tree house project isn't going to be ready any time soon because it's a little too snowy to be building it in the backyard. I'll just set it to "On Hold."

The "re-organize my bookshelf" project can also be started at any time. But I just don't feel like resetting the start date every two weeks. I'll set that project to "On Hold."

During my weekly review, I go to the review perspective and each project will get its review based on its review interval. Some projects are set to review weekly. Others are set to review on a monthly basis. I know that I will eventually encounter it and determine whether to switch the status back to "Active" or keep it "On Hold."

In my Next Actions available context perspective, I will only see the next actions that are available from my "Active" projects. I won't be looking at all the inactive projects or juggling start dates because those inactive projects are set to "On Hold."