View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
While I actually agree with the idea of 3 colors, or having due "Today" being red. I have to point out the that same uncertainty existed before. You couldn't tell the difference between things that were overdue, or due today. .

-P
For me that was a much more acceptable situation. I don't really have any interest in distinguishing whether something is 'overdue' from whether it is due today. Things that are 'overdue' are simply things to deal with today -- either by doing them today or by changing their date to sometime in the future. Any uncertainty is quickly resolved by a very short review.

Mixing today items with near-future items is much more insidious -- for one thing I typically have far more near-future items than I do overdue items, and for another I am constantly creating new action items that now (or soon will) fall into this category. Unless I am willing to vigilantly check the due times on these orange-badged items, they will represent categories that are completely untrustworthy, and therefore useless.

This situation can be easily resolved (by creating a default due time preference), and I hope it will be.

Last edited by otter; 2007-12-15 at 02:01 PM..