Thread: Meta Pivots
View Single Post
I agree with few required fields for data entry. My use of kGTD often has be dumping in an action and moving on, which I go back and add a more info later. I want to get things out of my head and move on.

Simplicity, well designed interface (I have great confidence w/ Omni Group), and adding features and functionality (through preferences) later and not earlier is essential. Most will not need the additional information, but those who do know the messes we build for ourselves. I could re-enter this info in another application, but keeping it together would be more efficient. (I keep wondering if there were a means to connect OmniFocus with OmniPlan it could allow for time elements to be added, adding dependancies, and some time visualizations (I have not reloaded OmniPlan since my HD blew up last month)).

Essential visualizations, pivot to other related information/tasks, and being able to use already entered info (pointing to from Address Book like VooDoo Pad) should greatly enhance the ability to manage from a little higher level.

Two big problems of mine with kGTD are lack of a time view and dependencies. I really want to know what I am impacting by pushing out a task a day/week/month. I also am missing dependencies and will start a task I can not complete because another task has not been completed (scheduling client meetings on a conference trip or in the same town working with another client) I can't book my flight until the meetings are set (or agreed to).